Shashikiran Duraisamy

What is your educational background?

Shashikiran earned his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.

Did you consider other institutions for the program, and why did you choose Illinois?

The University of Illinois was my primary choice because of the course’s interdisciplinary nature and the wide range of student organizations available.

What made you decide to pursue Energy Systems?

I want to play a part in the decarbonization of the energy sector, which is necessary for a cleaner and safer planet. This program equipped me with the skills and tools necessary to achieve that.

What type of professional development you want to complete as part of the degree program (project, practicum, or coursework), and why?

I am working with the Consortium for Energy Efficiency to research and analyze the electricity market and renewable energy trends in the USA.

What type of energy-related projects are you involved in on campus?

I am the President of Illinois Solar Decathlon where I oversee the design and construction of a Net-positive energy-efficient adaptable solar passive house. This directly gives me an opportunity to implement what I learned during the Energy Systems program.

What do you hope to do with the degree once you earn it?

Shashikiran’s goal is to become an Energy Analyst in the Renewable Energy industry.

What is your favorite place in Champaign-Urbana?

Quad! Quad! Quad!

CookieSettings CookieSettings