Students interested in the EaSE Graduate Certificate must be enrolled in a departmental masters or PhD program at the University of Illinois and may sign up for the certificate once they have arrived on campus. The student must have sufficient background in relevant mathematics, science, and engineering; however, students do not need to be enrolled in a Grainger Engineering program.
Students must be in good academic standing to register and the minimum grade requirement for graduate coursework taken towards the certificate requirements is a C- (minus) or higher.
- Five courses total at the graduate level (400 or 500 level courses with graduate credit).
- The EaSE core course pair, consisting of both ENG 471: Seminar Energy & Sustainability Engineering (1 credit hour); and ENG 571: Theory Energy & Sustainability Engineering (3 credit hours).
- Two courses in a chosen focus area (3 credit hours each).
- One course to provide topical breadth that is chosen from a different focus area (3 credit hours).
- At least one of the above three courses must be from outside of the student’s home department. A cross-listing out of department does not qualify.